How to Take TYMLOS (abaloparatide)
How to Take TYMLOS
We care about our patients and their experience with TYMLOS. That’s why we created the following information and resources to help you understand the TYMLOS treatment process.
- TYMLOS is a daily injection with a pen
- The pen needle is about the length of an eyelash
- In clinical trials patients took TYMLOS for 18 months
- You should always talk to your doctor about what's right for you
- Each TYMLOS pen has a 30-day supply of medication
TYMLOS goes where you go
TYMLOS doesn’t require refrigeration after its first use. So you can keep it at home, or take it with you in your bag or purse. And when you travel with a pen after the first use, you don't need to bring cold packs with you. Only unused pens need to be kept cold.
Before first use, store your TYMLOS in the refrigerator between 36ºF and 46ºF (2ºC to 8ºC)
After first use, store TYMLOS for up to 30 days at room temperature between 68ºF and 77ºF (20ºC to 25ºC)
Do not store pens with the needle attached, and always keep the pen cap on when not using it
Do not freeze the TYMLOS pen or expose it to heat
TYMLOS doesn’t have to be taken in the doctor’s office
You can take TYMLOS with or without food
Take TYMLOS at about the same time each day. You can choose a time that you think will be convenient for you
Be sure to take the first several doses of TYMLOS in a place where you can sit or lie down until you know how it affects you, just in case you feel lightheaded
How do I use the TYMLOS pen?
Watch the following video for step-by-step instructions on how to set up and use your TYMLOS pen.
The Instructions for Use will show you:
- Supplies you will need for each injection
- How to use the TYMLOS pen
- How to set up a new pen and take the first dose
- How to take the other 29 doses in your pen
- Where you should inject the TYMLOS pen
- How to store your medication
A healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject TYMLOS before you use it for the first time. Do not try to use the TYMLOS pen until you have been shown the right way to inject.