A Treatment for Osteoporosis That Was Proven to Decrease the Chance of Having A Fracture
An Anabolic Medication Designed to Help Build New Bone
A new option for postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture
TYMLOS is a prescription medicine used to:
- decrease the chance of having a fracture of the spine and other bones in postmenopausal women with thinning and weakening bones (osteoporosis).
- treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women who are at high risk for bone fracture.
If you’ve had a fracture from osteoporosis, you’re not alone
Half of all women over 50 will break a bone due to osteoporosis at some point in their lives. Once you have had an osteoporosis-related fracture, your chance of having another is 6X higher. Fortunately, there is a new option available to treat osteoporosis in women at high risk for fracture.
TYMLOS is a prescription medicine that was proven to lower the risk of fractures of the spine and other bones* in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at 18 months of treatment.
Who is at high risk for fracture? Women who:
- have had an osteoporotic fracture
- have other risk factors such as tobacco use, alcohol use (more than 2 drinks per day), a family history of osteoporosis, or taking other drugs which could affect bone health
- did not do well on, or could not tolerate other medications